header

header

Hello! Welcome to Pichets in Paris Publishing. Here you will find travel stories and photos, the occasional Book Review and fictional piece based in Paris or France. ALL IMAGES ARE BY L'AUSSIE IMAGES (owned by Denise Covey). Contact me for permission to copy my images.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Preparing to return to France - getting nostalgic. I'll share some pics with you.

My last trip to France was in 2007/2008. I'm in the process of planning the next trip, about June/July this year. So naturally my thoughts are turning to France (er, not that they ever leave for long.) The itinerary will begin in Paris as usual, where we'll grab the TGV (the fast train) and head straight down to the Dordogne, a region we just missed last visit. We will get off in our allotted 3 minutes at Angouleme, have a little rest after the 20-odd hour flight then drive around the Dordogne. There we will see vinyards, old chateaux, historic caves etc. I will do a post of the region as I do my research.

So for now, here are some pics from the last trip.


Wandering around Fontvereau in the Loire Valley at Halloween.



In Cardinal Richeleau's forest. His chateau is no longer with us.



Chateaux Villandry, the one with the huge vege garden. I've previously posted about this lovely chateau. Go here if you want to see more.


Descending the staircase at Villandry.


The husb pumping for water at the old Langeis Fortress.


Better leave Langeis before they put up the drawbridge (which they do every night and morning.) Never know, there might be maurading crusaders hitting town.

Hope you enjoyed this little trip through memory lane.


8 comments:

  1. I know just how you feel! I return next month after only being away for 6 months..... Only 3 minutes in Angouleme is that all? That is our closest large town. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really awful! I don't know why you'd want to go back there! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to travel back to France again too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a few months to build up to your whistlestop tour of Angouleme!
    There is always something different to see in Paris, even if you've seen it before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane: Now we're not sure about Angouleme. Maybe we'll go all the way to Bordeaux for our hire car...

    Al: Yeah, a bit shabby innit?

    Brittany: The sooner the better,huh?

    GaynorB: Yeah, there were so many things we wanted to see there too! But what can you do? Yes, I won't be satisfied until I've seen everything i want to in Paris then see it all again, ha ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going to Paris 03Oct, how long will it take to get a passport and what is the process?


    crane trucks for sale

    ReplyDelete
  7. What revolutionary ideas were introduced into France between the two absolutist rulers and why did they fail?

    Herman Miller Aeron

    ReplyDelete

Parler a moi!

href="http://blo64rt.blogspot.com/">